I’m not sure why, but I love the time around the beginning of a new year. It seems like around the first of December I start dreaming of what the next year will look like. It all leads up to that point at midnight on New Year’s Eve when it’s time to put all those plans and goals into motion.
Here are a few goals I’ve set for ’08.
1. To let God saturate every part of my life.
2. To spend consistent time with Him EVERY day.
3. To continue down the weight-loss path. I have a goal of 200. Just 39 more pounds to go.
4. To be smart with EVERY dime that comes in. I tend to be smart with part of the money and dumb with the other part.
5. To truly enjoy my family more.
6. To take an entire day off every week to rest and recoup.
7. To date Rebecca every week.
1. To plan further in advance
2. To make sure our ministry isn’t dependent on me.
3. To see kids lives be changed at Legacy and have them bring their entire families because of it.
4. To encourage all the kid’s creativity. I love seeing kids use the gifts God has given them.
1. To not procrastinate as much.
2. To keep up consistent blogging. I love writing here.
3. To make photography a bigger part of the business.
4. I’m exploring launching an online magazine. I’d like to have it going by the end of the year if it turns out to be feasible.
When we started 2007, I never would have guessed where we would have ended up at. I’m really curious to see what 2008 will bring. On the business side, we just had one of our largest clients close their doors, so that brings with it a lot of uncertainty. However, I think this will turn out to be a good thing, because it will allow us to replace them with even better projects. I feel like God is telling me to pray for specific goals in the business so that’s what I’m going to do. They are crazy goals, and I tend to want to temper them so that if they don’t happen I don’t feel crazy. However, I’m going to do my best to dive in head first and pray through these things and see what happens.