- After last week and this weekend, I’m tired. Hopefully I’ll get some rest this week.
- In between getting rest, I’m also hoping to get completely caught up before the next big project hits.
- The latest issue of The Business Journal comes out next week.
- Pastoring at a small church is exhilarating, frustrating and challenging all at the same time.
- I’m strongly considering changing my current client roster. A few small tweaks would alleviate a lot of stress and allow me to focus on new ideas.
- A big part of my focus in the future will be ideas I own a part of instead of straight client work.
- Tomorrow is picture posting day. I’ve got three different shoots that will go online.
- Worship today was amazing. Great job Josh, Shana and the whole crew.
- Lots of good writing coming up this week.
- I’m shocked at the number of people searching for the Burger King Steakhouse Burger. The review I wrote yesterday is one of the first things to pop up. Probably not what Burger King would like out there.
- If you aren’t using Twitter, you’re missing out on something great. You can follow my Twitter feed here.
- We’ve booked six weddings from the bridal show last weekend and I have three other brides we’re talking to right now. God is really blessing us right now. I’m constantly reminded that he blesses even though we don’t deserve it.
- I’ve spent part of the afternoon upgrading my PowerMac to OS X 10.5 Leopard. So far it’s working great with no hitches. Love it.
- I also upgraded from Adobe Creative Suite 2 to CS3. Liking the new interface so far. All my stuff seems to be working.
- We should find out tomorrow if we’ll be working on a new/old project.
- If it comes through my first stop is the Apple Store for a new MacBook Pro.
- God really challenged me recently to continue to give money at a high level even though it didn’t seem financially feasible. We kept it up and he’s really knocked our socks off. I don’t say that to brag. I say that to challenge. We began giving when we first got married and had nothing. Everyone can give.
- I’ll say once again that we couldn’t have had success at the bridal show without the work of my parents.
- Sunday’s are a pain. Getting up early sucks. Getting ready for church with three kids sucks. Getting the church ready and cleaned for services sucks. Seeing the people of Legacy every week makes it all worth it.
- I decided today I just don’t have enough Jesus right now. My priorities are a little off-center and I constantly have to correct my focus.
- I taught on focusing on Jesus today. I think it was as much for me as anyone else.
- This week isn’t busy meetings-wise, so I should be able to get a ton of work done and hopefully wipe out my backlog of projects.
- This year is shaping up to be the best one we’ve ever had business-wise.
- This year is shaping up to be the busiest of my life, and that’s saying something.
Today was a challenging day in the kid’s department at Legacy, but in a good way. It’s one of those things that showed me we are headed in the right direction.
God told me to take a nap this afternoon. I listened. He was right. I feel so good right now.
I took all three boys to the mall today by myself. I think I deserve a medal of some kind.
Next week could possibly be the busiest week I’ve ever had and I’ll be on the road for three days straight. Please pray for me.
My wife forced me to buy some new shoes the other day. Apparently I need “nice” tennis shoes in addition to a regular pair of tennis shoes. We found a pair of Airwalks at Payless for about $25.00. I refuse to take them off now. Most comfortable shoes I’ve ever had.
February 3rd is going to be the big kick off day for an entirely reworked children’s ministry at Legacy.
I probably won’t be writing much this next week, except for tomorrow’s first weekly weigh-in in my “Diet Coke is for fat people” challenge.
I got invited to play Disc Golf today. I really wish I could have gone, but it would have conflicted with my God-inspired nap. Maybe next time.
No matter how hard I’ve worked today (and it’s been hard) I’m still incredibly bogged down. Pray for me. I’m feeling the weight of too much to do with too little time.
Colton is writing a worship song as I type this. Not bad for a seven-year-old.
Our photoshoot Saturday went great. I also had a meeting Friday which could lead to some great work and contacts here in the Austin area.
Is it bad that I wish Thanksgiving wasn’t this week? I’ve literally got too much to do to mess with a holiday.
My office gets hot about four every day when the sun hits it. I’m about to start sweating.
More on Papa Murphy’s pizza later. For now, just know it’s the best pizza I’ve ever had.
We had Texas Land and Cattle for Becca’s birthday last night. That’s the second time in as many weeks they’ve screwed my order up. For $60 a meal, I don’t think we’ll be headed back there.
Why do steak houses put stuffed bull heads on the wall, but chicken joints don’t put mounted chicken heads on the wall?
Speaking of bad service, we had Soccones (I think I spelled that wrong) Pizza the other night. Not only were they rude (twice) but the pizza was awful. What is it with me and having bad luck with restaurants here? Their motto is “Pizza with a Jersey attitude.” Apparently by Jersey attitude, they mean rude.
We booked our first Austin photo shoot for this Saturday. Can’t wait.
We will be painting up at the church tonight for anyone who isn’t busy.
I have a lot of stuff I’m thinking of for the kids at church, but it is all going to take a ton of work. Pray that I’ll find a good balance between work, ministry and my family. I’ve never been good at that.
Do people who aren’t designers notice badly designed things? I get so much crap design in my mail box, I just wonder.
Writing here has been a little sporadic lately and may continue to be that way. Busy, busy.
• Way to much going in the next three days to do much writing.
• Four huge production jobs on top of normally scheduled projects is a lot for one month.
• I’m tired.
• The reviews were right. Halo 3 multiplayer is amazing and the campaign is good but still a little disappointing.
• My boys are great, but when I’m tired, they can be highly annoying.
• Not only did Becca get me the Legendary Edition of Halo 3, she went and picked it up for me at midnight. I have the best wife ever.